BrainCoin is a version of Ubuntu designed to facilitate healthy digital communication. Based off of Ubuntu16.04, this distro has the stock applications one needs to lead a secure and social computing existence.
Install BrainCoin either by downloading a RAW dump of the VMDK disk image:
[insert Vault link]
Debian meta-package (Not yet implemented)¶
Change your linux username/password, and all of the application usernames and passwords.
- sudo adduser temporary
- Change the account type of your new temporary user to administrator: System settings > users account. Select the temporary user, click Unlock then change account type to “administrator”.
- log out
- log in as temporary
- sudo usermod -l newUsername oldUsername
- usermod -d /home/BrainCoinee -m newUsername
- log out
- log in as new user
- sudo deluser temporary
- sudo rm -r /home/temporary
Change disk size¶
VBoxManage clonehd Ubuntu1604.vdi /path/to/BrainCoin.raw –format RAW
sudo dd if=/path/to/BrainCoin.raw of=/dev/disk4 bs=512
VBoxManage clonehd Ubuntu1604.vdi /path/to/BrainCoin.raw –format RAW sudo dd if=/path/to/BrainCoin.raw of=/dev/diskX bs=512
VBoxManage modifyhd “/path/to/BrainCoinee.vdi” –resize 45000
45000 = 45GB
Next, extend your filesystem to cover the amount of diskspace you’d like.
- Source Code: bitbucket.org/$project/$project
If you are having issues, please let us know.
The project is licensed under the GNU GPL 3 license.